A good detox diet and prescription herbal plan will help balance many systems in your body.
This detox diet is good for absolutely anyone to do for at least 3-6 weeks for a good detoxification. Detoxing our body allows it heal and rebalance. People report improvement in their digestive, reproductive, musculoskeletal and mental health, as well as improved sleep and energy to name only a few. Some people have reproductive systems that are very sensitive to environmental toxins in what we eat, drink and put on our bodies. So for those of you who have been struggling with fertility challenges, or hormonal issues of any kind, make this a way of life.
To really get the most from a prescription detox I also like to prescribe herbs that support the liver, digestive system, clear pathogens and calm the nervous system. So contact me if you’d like more information about that.
- Alcohol, coffee, black tea, green tea, cocoa
- Corn/maple/rice syrup, molasses
- Carbonated drinks
- Sugar, honey and any other sweeteners
- White and brown rice, wheat,
- All dairy
- Animal fats
- Shellfish, crustaceans, octopus, smoked salmon
- Juices and smoothies
- Potatoes, sweet potatoes, kumura, yams
- Dates, dried fruit, grapes, prunes,
- Soy based products – e.g tofu, soy sauce, edamame beans etc
- Processed foods in general – including all sauces, mayos, relishes etc.
Have lots of:
- Cooked/steamed veges – raw is not good to have a lot of, especially if you are in cooler weather. You’ll have better energy with warm food.
- Fruit – but at least an hour away from other food.
- Natural herb teas
- Un-chlorinated, un-fluoridated water
Basically you want to try to go as organic/ free range/ chemical free as possible, with focus on fresh, unprocessed food.
Wash all fruit and veges super well in either vinegar and water, or a natural dish detergent and water. Rinse well.
You can also eat the following foods. To get even more out of doing this, eat according to your blood type.
- Whole grains that aren’t wheat
- Black rice and wild rice
- Nuts, seeds
- Goat or sheep cheese/milk products
- Use only coconut oil or cold-pressed virgin olive oil for cooking or dressings
- Fish – wild or if farmed, make sure they are fed organic/natural food.
- Only use sea salt for salt.
If you’re a meat eater, have 2-3 meat free days per week and don’t eat any processed meats e.g ham, pastrami, sausages, cured meats of any kind etc. Best options are:
- Lamb and mutton
- Chicken and turkey – free range and organic.
Chew everything super thoroughly. I can’t emphasise enough the importance of this.
Drink 2 litres of water/ herb tea per day.
You may feel worse before you get better as your body detoxes.
Your bowel movements will likely become looser for a while as well.