Waiting To Conceive
Living a life you love while waiting to conceive, helps fertility
It’s important to keep creating a life you love while waiting to conceive. In my previous article I gave you some insight into how your mental and emotional health can impact your fertility. Modern medicine explains this connection via the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal connection, known as the HPA axis.
Chinese medicine explains this connection, using the 5 Elements. In particular, it is important for you to explore the health of the Fire element, especially the Heart energy system. Are you experiencing diminishment in any of these:
- ability to love and be loved
- self worth
- passion for anything you used to love before your fertility journey smothered it
- close relationships
- social connections
- sense of purpose
If so, you need to consider these questions:
- What can you do to improve the amount of healthy, clean living fun in your life?
- Are you doing activities you enjoy or have you let them slide? Is there something you can improve on here?
- Do you enjoy your day to day life/work? Or are you grumbling your way through your days. Find some workable solutions or shift your perspective if you are not happy.
- Does the quality of your relationships with your partner, family and friends feel positive?If not, change something.
- Is lack of sleep reducing your enjoyment of life? If so, do something about it.
- How much of your sleep time are you cheating yourself out of? Google, screen time/tv late at night, working late, procrastinating on going to bed? Do something about it.
- Do you have a sense of purpose for your life other than wanting a baby? Find one.
- Is YOUR quest for a baby stealing the joy from your life? Don’t let it. Create a happy life for a baby to come into. Don’t make your baby have the job of making you happy.
I know these questions can be confronting sometimes. That is the point – to help you see you do always have choices. You can keep going about things the same way – which is actually a decision – or you can make try a new approach and feel better for it.
You can find enjoyment and emotional balance in life WHILE you are waiting to have a baby. Some days will be harder than others and that’s ok. But keep the rest of your life in perspective and be grateful for all that is good, so your Heart stays peaceful more often.